Basic obligations of packaging producer
An overview of selected* obligations of packaging producer performed by the PRO NATUR-PACK:
- to be registered in the Register of Packaging Producers and to notify modification of the registered data,
- to fulfill the reporting obligation in relation to the end users of packaging, consumers on the method of ensuring the collection of packaging waste, to the public and processing facilities of the packaging waste,
- to record and to keep evidence and to notify to the Ministry of Environment related data and to keep the reported data,
- to bear all financial costs resulting from the collection, transport, preparation for reuse, recovery, processing and disposal of separately collected packaging waste in the municipalities.
*You can learn more about the obligations in the Guidance for the Producers to the Selected Chapters of the Waste Act in the section For Members after entering of sign-up data to the information system.
If the packaging producer places on the SR market totally less than 100 kg of all packaging products per year, only certain obligations of a producer are relevant namely:
- to be registered in the Register of Packaging Producers and to notify all changes of the registered data,
- to ensure material composition, construction and potentially the marking of the product ,
- to keep continuous evidence of packaging placed on the SR market and to notify to the Ministry of Environment the data from this evidence.
If interested, also such producer can perform its obligations collectively and to agree upon a contract with a PRO for packaging.